Friday, January 3, 2014

Looking back at 2013

Looking back at 2013, we had an amazing year! I love seeing my favorite bloggers year in review posts & since my blog just started this fall, I will just have to review pre-blog. 

A year in review that I really enjoyed reading was by Definitely RA  and also goals for the new year by Emily at Jones Design Co.

So, here is a little look back at my year from 2013...

1. What did you do for your birthday?
I turned 32 this year in December. My husband & I went snowshoeing in the morning with my new snow shoes at a local state park.



















Then had some lunch at a nice quiet little cafe.  We went out for supper with some friends to the Melting Pot & had a wonderful time!



















2. What are your strongest memories from this year, and why?
Traveling!! I love to travel. They are my favorite memories from my childhood and my favorite memories now. I was lucky enough to travel to Alaska for the Iditarod in March where I worked at Iditarod Communication headquarters. In April, I went to Milwaukee for one of my best friends weddings. In June & July we camped & went to Lake Superior with our kids. In late July we went to the Black Hills, Cody WY, Yellowstone, and Montana for a 10 day road trip. ...the list goes on with camping trips, day trips, etc. I want to show my children what life is like beyond the edge of our little world.
























 
3. What did you do this year that you'd never done before? 
I started my BLOG!! Seriously, I had been dreaming of starting this for the last few years and kept waiting for that perfect moment. BAM!! I just decided to do it and I love it!

I also had never been to the Iditarod. It was such an amazing experience to learn how it all works and I am FOREVER grateful to my cousin for flying me there!




















4. What did you want & get? 
Snow shoes. I have been wanting snow shoes for the last couple years, as my girlfriends go snowshoeing right by our house. One day, I received an REI Outlet email and snatched up a great deal!

5. Did you keep your new years resolutions? 
Yes and No. My new years resolutions for 2013 were to exercise & eat healthy...but I started off every single day and got burnt out. I went too fast. This year, I am taking it slow & remembering moderation!

6. What is your biggest achievement this year?
#3 Being brave enough to finally start my blog!

7. What is your biggest failure? 
Parenting struggles. I am trying to learn to be more patient & yell less.

8. What is your most enjoyable purchase from this year? 
All of the materials to redo our bathroom!! I love how it turned out! 



















 I bought a lot of things this year...another failure. I spend too much, especially when my husband is out of town for work. Oops.

9. What do you wish you had done more of?
Running. I love doing mud runs, but didn't make a ton of time to train for them with my husband's work schedule. This year, I want to make more time for it. I love running outside and clearing my head.



















...and also Scrapbooking. I NEED to make more time for it. I am sooo behind, like years behind. 

10. What do wish you had done less of? 
Eating less junk food.
Spending too much time on the internet at night

11. What's a life lesson that you learned this year? 
Not that I haven't learned this lesson in other times, but that Life is too short. One of my best friends lost her father to cancer the week before her wedding. Watching her deal with death, a funeral & a wedding in one week is more than I have ever seen anyone deal with before. I try to connect as much as I can with family & friends to let them know how much I care because you just don't know what tomorrow will bring.

A few goals...
NEW SKILL TO LEARN: Taking photos in Manual Mode & also, using Photoshop

GOOD DEED TO DO: Continue to make others smile with unexpected acts of kindness & also making sure to visit my grandparents & family

PLACE TO VISIT: More Wisconsin State parks & campground that I have never went to before. 

BOOK TO READ: Happiness Project. I have read part of it before, but I want to read it again and really think about it this time. 

DO BETTER AT: Thinking about what other think about me. I need to forget about what others think & just be BECKY. Because that is the best I can be. 

Thanks for reading & I hope you enjoyed learning a little about my 2013. 

Choose Happy
~Becky

 






No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10