Friday, August 1, 2014

July in Review



1 In early July, I posted about some of the beautiful flowers in my yard. This clematis is one of my favorites in my yard. I get compliments on it from the neighbors every year! {click here to read What's Blooming post}

2 We went up north for the long 4th of July weekend. We can't go through Hayward, WI without stopping at the Old Tyme candy store!

3 Lake Superior is one of my favorite places on earth, I have been going there since I was a baby with my family. We spent 4th of July right here!

4 Our family on the 4th of July! {Click here to read 4th of July highlights post}

5 My daughter & I had a girls night. We went for a long walk to the park, played & bought ice cream! Much needed time with my little girl!

6 While the girls had their night out, the boys had their own evening too. They went golfing together!

7 A date night was in order. Hubby & I went for a drive to an amazing Brick oven pizza place in the middle of the country side called the Stone Barn in Nelson, Wisconsin. YUM!

8 This year was our 4th Warrior Dash. We had a great time & found plenty of mud!

9 We enjoyed hiking with friends at Willow River State park near Hudson, Wisconsin. The kids always love seeing the waterfalls & climbing on the rocks.

10 We made delicious Salsa from the Pioneer Woman. It tastes just like restaurant salsa. We ate it for DAYS! yum!

11 Lake Pepin is such a gorgeous area of Wisconsin. We spent the evening with friends at their cabin.Fishing, swimming & paddle boating were the highlights for the kids!

12 I was so amazed by these gorgeous orange flowers that I found at my friends cabin. They were just perfect!

13 Watching Daddy milk cows was the highlight of the kids Saturday night this weekend. They were so excited to help out on the farm for our friends that were out of town.

14 Watching my kids enjoy some of the simple things in life on the farm that evening were so precious. They loved watching the cows & running around outside.

15 I am in love with my front deck refresh! It was a lot of work painting the chairs with a paint brush, but I made it through. I made some notes on how I will do things differently next time! {Click here to see my Front Deck Refresh post}

16 We spent the last few days of July on the North Shore of Minnesota. Gooseberry Falls is another one of my favorite spots to visit. It is still just as amazing as the first time I saw it as a little girl!

17 After heading up the north shore, we went to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area for a few days to camp, fish, hike  & explore. The kids enjoyed their first time being in a canoe for longer than 10 minutes!

18 This photo of my hubby & I was taken at Lutsen Mountain Ski resort where we ended our vacation. The last time we took a photo of the two of us at this spot was on our anniversary over 5 years ago! Love this guy!

We were so blessed to have a wonderful month of July. In the fall & winter we are homebodies. In the summer, we go NON STOP! I grew up traveling all the time in the summer & exploring new places, so that is what I am doing for my children! We love it! Slowly, but surely we are crossing off all of our items on our Summer Bucket list!


How was your July- What were the highlights? I would love to hear about them in the comments below!

Have a wonderful weekend & Choose Happy!


Choose Happy
~Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10