Saturday, September 6, 2014

Last Summer Hurrah of 2014


Let's roll.... My two crazy kiddos were ready to hit the road!

We rarely go up north without stopping at the famous Hayward, WI candy shop! The kids love to watch them make homemade fudge.

We spent our Labor Day weekend on Lake Superior as we always do. Our reason for traveling north this weekend is for the annual Port Wing, Wisconsin Fish Boil. I have been going since I was a very little girl. My parents, brother & his girlfriend also came along to join in the fun!

Cornucopia, WI was our home for the weekend. We love staying in the little red cabins across from the marina. We have spectacular views out of our front windows & deck area. We are walking distance from the grocery store, restaurant, church, playgrounds, gas station, beach and fishing docks. What more could you want? 

Saturday was chilly. So we decided to go explore. We went to Herbster, WI to have breakfast & play at the playground. The kids love having time to play with Grandma!



Next,  we headed to Bayfield, Wisconsin to check out another playground, the bookstore and the Maritime Museum.

Bayfield Maritime Museum

Our family on Lake Superior on this chilly summer day!


Playground fun! They had fun going on the mini zip line, even though my daughter doesn't look so sure in this photo!



It's finally time for the Fish Boil in Port Wing, WI! 

I bought my annual Fish Boil t shirt.

The kids with their Fish Boil mugs. Adults can have all the free beer they want. The kids & I opt for pop instead. 

These pots are where all the fish, onions and potatoes are cooked. There are men working all day long prepping and cooking.


Mmmm.... Dinner is served! All you can eat Fish Boil topped with my months worth of butter intake. 

Time to dance! A live band plays from 2pm-Midnight.
The Fish Boil is an event for people of all ages. We always have a great time!


Sunday was a gorgeous warm summer day! We spent at Siskwit Falls in Cornucopia. My son loves to ride down the falls on a tube. 

Then back to the beach for one last time on Lake Superior before next summer.
  


We hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! We definitely did!


Thanks for stopping by!

Choose Happy
~Becky

2 comments :

  1. Hi! Karen mentioned this last night! So jealous of the shoutout! Your children are adorable and the fish boil sure does look like fun. I would like to know more about it too.
    See you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Donna! I agree, that was very nice of Karen to give me a shout out! I will definitely post more about the fish boil!

      Delete

09 10