Friday, March 6, 2015

7 things that make me HAPPY


Happy Friday! Today, I am sharing 7 things that make me Happy!  Some may be big things, some may be just the little things. But this week, these are the things that came to my mind that make me HAPPY! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.


1. Beautiful sunrises & sunsets from the courtesy of my own driveway


2. Warm cozy socks on cold winter days

3. Sharing delicious Trentadue Red Wine with my girlfriends 
I am so blessed to have wonderful friends. I bought this bottle of wine 2 1/2 years ago when I went to Sonoma!


4. Ingenious husbands that help out when you are in a pickle

Thursday night, I decided to try a Pinterest recipe for a green eggs & ham treat for Dr Seuss week at school. It didn't work so well, as you can see.... so my hubby advised me to try melting white chocolate instead in a bowl & then pouring it onto the pretzels with a spoon. I added a little coconut oil and we were good to go!

Pinterest fail


Hubby for the win

5. Daily morning cuddles from my adorable children
I wish I had photos of these moments but at this time of day, there is not a cell phone in sight. I just love feeling them crawl into bed with me saying "morning mom, I love you" and squeezing me tight. These moments will be engrained in my mind forever and I dread the day that my kids are "too big" for this special morning time.


6. New shoes!

I bought these adorable Keds shoes for vacation and I can't wait to wear them! They are so comfortable.
7.  Friday's - T.G.I.F. 
It has been a long week and I am looking forward to some down time, a nap and possibly a big glass of wine this weekend! 



What makes you happy? 

22 comments :

  1. I love sunsets (I'm never up early enough for sunrises ha ha). Also, I want those socks and shoes! Look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually either in the summers, but in the winter...it rises when I am leaving for work. I love comfy shoes and socks too :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful viewfrom your house! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful view from your very own driveway!!! I love when you can look outside and see beautiful things. LOVE those shoes BTW! I can't wait to hear how comfy they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! I am excited to wear them too :) have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  4. Nice save on the Pinterest fail!! And I love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL- I know. I was about to just throw them away and run to the store in the morning.

      Delete
  5. I think we would be great friends in real life! I love all of these things, especially those cozy socks and red wine ;) I could use a glass right now actually... Except it isn't even 10 am! Haha!

    I laughed at your pinterest attempt last night, it's so something I would do hahahhaa! Have a great weekend! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- after reading most of your blog posts, I am realizing we would be great friends in real life too :)
      Have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  6. Cozy socks and warm sunrises are what makes me happy this winter. I love those socks by the way. I remember making those green eggs and ham snacks for my toddler classroom, they turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, warm socks are the best!! Have a great weekend Christine!!!

      Delete
  7. Do you live in a rural area? The view from your driveway is so beautiful and isolated! Perfect for sunrises and sunsets. I have been enjoying my fuzzy socks all winter!! I can never have enough. That wine looks so good, my husband and I are thinking of doing a date day next month when it warms up at the winery and outlets again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live just outside of town across from the golf course. I love seeing the trees across from our house! Date night & a winery sound incredible!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  8. This is a great list. Wine from Sonoma (trips to Sonoma) make me happy, too! I live in San Diego and that makes me realllly happy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Diego is pretty incredible. I have only been there once a few years ago, but it was amazing!

      Delete
  9. I love those Keds! They're so cute and look comfy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista!! I can't wait to wear them!

      Delete
  10. Those green eggs and ham are YUMMY-looking! Good group work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shoes look so cute! I need a new pair of flats for spring! I just am waiting until my feet shrink (from pregnancy) & we actually see spring!
    Happiness is watching my favorite tv show in my favorite pajamas with my cat and feeling my baby kick me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay yes! Wine, fuzzy socks, and sunsets! Everything that makes me happy :) A girl after my own heart. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

09 10