Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Date Weekend

.date weekend.
It's Tuesday...and I am wishing I was still on date weekend with my hubby! We had such a wonderful weekend together! 

Early last week, my mom emailed me to see if they could take the kids for the weekend, I quickly responded with a loud: YES! I couldn't remember the last time we had a date weekend! The planning commenced...
We started our Friday evening with dinner & drinks at a new restaurant in Stillwater called Lolo American Kitchen. It was absolutely delicious! I can't wait to go back & try more items on their menu! We started with yummy drinks -my favorite Mojito in a long time. I had the Korean BBQ Tacos with homemade parmesan tator tots- Can I say YUM! My husband had the Surf & Turf burger topped with lobster! Dinner was eventful with a power outage as our pesto crostini appetizer arrived. It didn't bother us, as we still had plenty of light coming in from outside. The servers & open kitchen didn't seem bothered by it either, they just kept going with their business! 

We took a walk along the adorable shops in downtown Stillwater and shared a small bowl of gelato. As it was getting busier and busier, we decided to leave the hustle and bustle for a quieter, less busy atmosphere. 

We stopped at Rush River brewery to check out their new tap room. It was quaint & small, perfect for the crowd that had Saturday evening. My husband enjoys Rush River beer occasionally & I was excited to try their new cider they just came out with! It was delicious, I am looking forward to seeing it in stores soon!


I love this selfie we took when we got home that evening. I realized we hadn't asked anyone to take our photo all night, so selfie it is!!


It was still early when we got home, so we decided to go for an evening hike/walk around our town. We had a great time & I wish we had more time to have these simple moments together.

Most of Saturday consisted of us working together to get projects done that we don't normally have time to take care of during the week or with kids home.  We started my gallery wall above my new table, I organized the junk drawer, harvested my first crop of green beans, helped my hubby with the shed, mowed the lawn & did laundry! It was a very productive day!


Once we finished our chores, we went for a long bike ride. My husband told me we were going for a "quick" bike ride and only up one hill. Well, he lied...there were 4 large hills and it was a long, very hot bike ride. I forgave him after I felt like I got a killer workout! (well, that was 30 minutes after I could catch my breath & drink a gallon of water! haha)

We ended our evening with wine tasting at Villa Bellezza winery & dinner with friends. 

Sunday morning, we slept in, had a light breakfast & went for a long walk together before venturing to pick up the children. We missed the kids, but needed this weekend together soooo much!   It's amazing how life get's busy & we just forget to pencil in time for each other. After this weekend, we will definitely be penciling time in!

What did you do on your last date night?

8 comments :

  1. How fun! My hubby and I need to really schedule a weekend like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date nights are so much fun! My fiance and I went on a hiking date last Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast!!! How fun!!! I love hiking :)

      Delete
  3. How perfect!!!! Your parents are the best to let you guys have this weekend together. Those tator tots look delish!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! I know. We needed it and the kids had a great time!!

      Delete
  4. What a perfect weekend! It sounds like you had a great time with your husband! And those green beans... I love homegrown green beans!

    ReplyDelete

09 10