Thursday, February 18, 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

I LOVE holidays! Valentine's Day is always a fun holiday at our house. I love to decorate our home with heart garland, candy hearts and festive chalk art.  For as long as I can remember, we have spent Valentine's Day as a family. Usually we cook a fun meal together and enjoy a delicious dessert!  Last year, we spent Valentine's Day with grandparents and great grandparents. We called it a Day of Love.  

This year, we spent the day at my godparents house in northern Wisconsin with my parents. We had an amazing day together. It was so refreshing to have above zero temperatures to enjoy the great outdoors.  Our day started off with a hike down to the lake for some ice fishing.  I loved hiking with my daughter down the quiet snowy path. 


Fish on!


Tip up's are all ready for the next bite!

We only lasted a little while on the ice. Little miss wanted to hang out by the fire pit instead. We left the boys out there to catch the fish!

Staying warm by the fire!



Family photo time! We love exploring outside together!

Mmmm.... treat time! Fresh fruit & marshmallows inside an ice cream cone. 

Ahhh....one of the highlights of our day. The kids couldn't wait to get into the hot tub. I enjoyed relaxing in the nice warm water, the children on the other hand jumped into the snow multiple times and came back into the steaming water. Silly kids!

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Spending time with those we love is how we like to spend our Valentine's Day. 



2 comments :

  1. I want a hot tub! That looks SO nice. I have never been ice fishing, but I would probably want to hang by the fire instead, too! lol! Cute snow photos!!!!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete

09 10