Tuesday, November 5, 2013

FINALLY...a master bathroom update!

I'm back...Finally. Projects sometimes take longer than I would like when you add in a traveling husband, children, a holiday, and just life in general.

The bathroom had looked like this for the last 8 years that we have lived in our house. It needed an update. I was just "done" with the purple and flowers.  Here is a few before pictures:

We started this project on a Friday night a couple weeks ago, as my earlier post noted. I painted and took down trim that Friday evening. Saturday, we put up trim, put in the new cupboards (where the old shelves were) and continued to put up wainescoating. Over the next week, we continued to put in new outlets (I wanted white), put up hooks, I painted the trim on the medicine cabinet, etc.   

Here are a few in progress photos: 

Last night & today, I made sure it was clean... It is amazing how messy things get during renovation projects. I got out the rugs (Ikea), Shower Curtain (West Elm), Towels (Home Goods)
Paint: Dutch Boy Platinum Semi Gloss  Color: Gadget Gray (Menards)

Here is where we are at now! I was so excited to have somewhere to organize my jewelry too! I LOVE how it is looking so far.






Only a few more details... I need to find decor for the long wall, tomorrow night I am painting a shelf for above the toilet, I have a frame coming from Amazon and I ordered a Twirl print from one my FAVORITE bloggers Jones Design Company. Check out her blog. I can't say enough good things about her, but that I would LOVE to meet her someday or have her as my blog mentor. 

Thanks for reading! This week, I am going to highlight my favorite blogger again when I talk about our Thankful tree. We have done it for the last few years and I love talking to Joe & the kids about what we are thankful for!

            Choose Happy!

              Becky


No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10