Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Bucket List/Advent Calendar

I have been wanting to make my own Christmas Bucket List/Advent Calendar for years and just never got around to it. So this year I decided I would get to it!

Started off with some adorable Christmas themed snack/treat bags from The Container Store, mini clothes pins, and some spray paint.

Then, I checked out my local second hand stores for an old frame. I found an old art print that was $3 with a great frame, so I bought it! It took more time to take it apart than I thought! ha



I used some stamps & paint to stamp the 24 days on the bags. They turned out great!







I sprayed it with primer first before I painted with the green. The green looked terrible on it after it dried... so onto plan B. I bought some sanding blocks & hubby helped me sand it all off. Start over... we decided it would be best if I just painted it black. Then I would be able to use it for other things later on.

Tonight, we painted it black and added the wire to the back of it. We use a thicker gauge wire & stapled it to the back of the frame.




After that it was ready for my bags & pins!!The kids were so excited to pull off December 1st!!



The bags are filled with Christmas Bucket list ideas & small prayers for Advent. A little bit of both for our month of December!

Thanks for reading! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10