Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine's 2014 - Making our house a little more festive!

I absolutely LOVE decorating for Valentine's Day. This year, I decorated later than normal with all the prep work I did for my daughter's big golden birthday party & then going on vacation...it just didn't happen when it normally does. But I got it done and I love how festive our house looks now. 



I made this beautiful garland last year. I found a stack of pink and white patterned papers that I hadn't been using, punched out hearts and sewed them together with white thread on my sewing machine!  It fits perfectly on our big living room window. 



This was a free printable from Pinterest last year, that is always adorable. As well as the mailboxes from the Target dollar section that the kids decorated!


I bought this simple Be Mine basket over 9 years ago at a cute gift shop. I Love it and will continue to hang it up for years to come!




This garland was made last year as well, apparently I had a really crafty Valentine's last year!   It was made very easily & inexpensively with red heart doilies, lace ribbon, old buttons and old pages from a distressed children's book.  I love easy and simple DIY decor projects!



Just a couple cute items from the dollar section at Target to spruce up the kitchen counter. I couldn't forget to add some delicious Dove heart candies! Mmm



I purchased this adorable table runner from Home Goods a month ago with the intention of using it on my coffee table, but decided that my kitchen table was a better place for it. I still had some flowers left from my daughter's birthday party, so I put them into one of my dollar Target section tins. Ta da- table decor!



Coffee table decor - This table runner was made out of some Valentine fabric that my mom made for me while I was living in college & wanted to spruce up our living room coffee table! The centerpiece placemat is from Target on clearance today & the heart candy dish was from the Target dollar section a few years ago! The delicious peanut M&M's(R) have been partially eaten up as my dinner tonight! oops



One last festive Target purchase tonight! Target has all of their Valentine decor on sale! I purchased this plastic plate & cup for the kiddos for less than $3 total!  My children enjoyed oreos & milk as their bed night snack to break them in before Valentine's Day on Friday!



Thank you for joining me on my Valentine's decor house walk! I hope you too have added a little Valentine's festivity to your home. You can do it very inexpensively by shopping in the Target dollar bins, Dollar stores or just items you have at home. 


Happy Valentine's Day early!


Choose Happy
~Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10