Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cystic Fibrosis Walkathon - Will you help me reach my goal?




http://fightcf.cff.org/site/TR/GreatStrides/139_Wisconsin_Madison?px=1113020&pg=personal&fr_id=2341









Will you help me reach my goal?

 I have walked in the Cystic Fibrosis Walkathon since I was a little girl. When I was a small child we did Bikeathon's for CF and we rode around the track for hours. For the last 15+ years, I have walked with my family to raise money to support the Cystic Fibrosis foundation that is so near & dear to our families hearts. 

On May 17th, I will be participating in the Great Strides Walk in Eau Claire, WI to raise money and awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

 Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic lung and digestive disease that claims the lives of many wonderful children and young adults like my aunt Nan, every year.


The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation provides lifesaving research and develops medications that greatly prolong and improve the quality of life for people living with this genetic disease. In the late 80’s the average life expectancy was 28 years. Today it is 38. My aunt Nan lived to 43 and with your help, C.F. could stand for “Cure Found” in the foreseeable future. My aunt Barb had CF as well, she passed away after a heart-double lung transplant when I was 4 years old.

The CF Foundation is a very important organization to my entire family & we are forever grateful for the advancements in medications & treatments over the years to help my Aunt Nan to live to the age that she did.
 
My goal this year is to raise $1000- Will you help me reach my goal?  

Your contribution is greatly appreciated and 100% tax deductible.

Thank you for helping by adding “tomorrows every day” for people living with Cystic Fibrosis.

Thank you and Remember to live each & every day to the fullest. That is what Nan always taught us. 
Nan is one of the reasons for the name of this blog. Each day I remember to CHOOSE HAPPY.

Thanks again, Becky

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was the message on Nan's Memorial CF Walkathon Page last year from my Uncle Todd. We miss her everyday. 

Hello,
On November 29, 2011, Nancy lost her fight with Cystic Fibrosis ending a wonderful 23 year relationship. Not only did I lose the love of my life, the world lost an amazing person. You only had to meet her for a brief moment to realize how special she truly was. Through hard work, dedication, and medical advancements that were funded by the CF Foundation, she was able to live a very full and active life for 43 years. I challenge all of you to help find a cure for this terrible disease that took the life of such a beautiful person. Your donations are greatly appreciated and hopefully on day soon, CF will stand for “Cure Found”. They are getting soooo close.
GREAT STRIDES is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's largest and most successful national fundraising event. This year, I'm walking in the GREAT STRIDES walk at the Eau Claire walk on May 18, 2013. Please help me meet my fundraising goal of $3000 by sponsoring me. Your generous gift will be used efficiently and effectively, as nearly 90 cents of every dollar of revenue raised is available for investment in vital CF programs to support research, care and education.
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a devastating genetic disease that affects tens of thousands of children and young adults in the United States. Research and care supported by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making a huge difference in extending the quality of life for those with CF. However, we continue to lose precious lives to CF every day. That's why your help is needed now more than ever to ensure that a cure is found sooner - rather than later. To learn more about CF and the CF Foundation, visit www.cff.org.
Together, we can make a difference in the lives of those with CF! Thank you for supporting the mission of the CF Foundation and GREAT STRIDES!
God Bless and remember that “life is a gift. If you do not value your gift, nobody else will”.
Sincerely, Todd




No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10