Friday, April 11, 2014

Ladies Scrapbook Retreat


 I had an amazing weekend at my Scrapbook/crafting retreat last weekend. I was a little worried that Friday morning at work because it was snowing like crazy & the roads were terrible. But my husband was right, by afternoon the roads were pretty clear. 


This gorgeous lodge was out of the country in Chippewa Falls, WI. It was such a beautiful drive.


We arrived at the cabin to the smells of fresh Mexican food and handed a fresh margarita as we walked in the door. The host even had printed menus & favors on the tables for us.
The 2 photos below the menu are of just a few quick snapshots of some of the amazing gourmet food that we had over the course of the weekend. The veggies & salad were served with fresh soups. The breakfast plate on the bottom right was Apple French toast, Sausage Egg bake and a small bowl of greek yogurt with berries & granola. I think I might have gained a few pounds from the food over the weekend! ha


This was the view from the front door on Saturday morning. It was a cool morning, but the sun was shining!


Time to get to work! I started on Friday night before dinner and worked until 1:30am. I was bound & determined to get caught up! The photo on the bottom left corner is my mom & I. I was invited my mom & her friends on this retreat. I can't wait  to go again next year! 
The bottom right photo was watching the BIG Final Four game in the living room on Saturday evening. I was jumping up & down and getting excited the entire game. It was sad to see them lose. Go Wisconsin!


This adorable little bed was my resting area for the weekend, not that we rested much! Each person at the retreat had their own personal twin size bed with a nightstand & alarm clock. There were 5 bedrooms to accommodate the 20 guests.


The view of the cozy living room area


Saturday night we were treated like Royals. Our hosts sister cooked us a gourmet Mediterranean meal. This meal was AMAZING! Appetizers upon appetizers, entree, wine pairings and even dessert!


After arriving home on Sunday afternoon, I was curious if I was actually as productive as I thought. I realized that I really did kick it in gear. I was able to accomplish 4 make & take cards, cut cloth for my spring banner garland, and finish 46 scrapbook pages! YAY! I was so proud of myself. 

My goal for next year's retreat is to be more organized before I leave home. I think I would have accomplished even more if I wasn't sorting paper and trimming photos.




If you have the chance to go to a scrapbook/crafting retreat with your friends or family, I definitely encourage you to do so. The women at this retreat sewed, made invites, made cards, scrapbooked, made rugs, did video projects and the list goes on. It was a great way to get a lot accomplished without interruption & have girl time! 


Thanks for reading!!  I would Love to hear about scrapbook or crafting retreats that you have been to, what did you work on?

Choose Happy
~Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10