Friday, May 23, 2014

Anna Maria Island Highlights

Hello friends... I decided it was about time I recap my amazing trip to Anna Maria Island!

I have been so busy enjoying this beautiful spring weather, I have been neglecting my blog.

Anna Maria Island is a small island just on the Gulf side of Florida south of Tampa. Before we left for our trip, I had views of riding bike, sitting on the beach and a nice little beach  house. I did all of the above and it was so much more.

The weather was absolutely PERFECT, the beaches were GORGEOUS, the food was AMAZING, and the sunsets were BREATHTAKING!

Anna Maria Island is known for being Florida's Best Kept Secret! And I believe it!  Anna Maria Island is an ideal place to relax and getaway from it all. This stretch of land, 7 miles long is home to the island's three cities – City of Bradenton Beach, City of Holms Beach and City of Anna Maria.

Anna Maria Island - April 2014

Day 1, I woke up and enjoyed an early morning walk down the beach. This was my view. Gorgeous!


Beautiful beaches as far as you could see! This was standing directly in front of our beach house.



This was our little beach house for the weekend. It was perfect!


More beach views. On the top right was one of our little pet lizards that enjoyed our front deck. On the bottom right was a group of 5 sting rays that swam alongside of us while we walked down the beach.


Gorgeous sunsets on our first evening on Anna Maria Island. We watched a hula dance show & listened to music at the tiki bar. 


Day 2 was a day full of exploring, bike rides, swimming and relaxing on the beach. I stopped at a local bakery and bought a delicious piece of Key Lime pie. Yum!


Our second evening was just as gorgeous. These photos were taken before we headed out to dinner.


Day 3 was filled with even more adventure! We biked to the other side of the island to explore more beaches and trails!



The water was just breathtaking. The blues and greens were unbelievable.


Our third evening sunset. We enjoyed dinner at the Sandbar Restaurant on Anna Maria. Delicious food & drinks and even better views!


Right now, I am really missing this view ...





































I had such a wonderful trip to Anna Maria Island. My favorite highlights were riding the bikes around the island, floating in the ocean on the rafts, renting a 2 person sea kayak, and just enjoying the warmth & breathing in the ocean air. I can't wait to go back for another girls weekend!

For more information about traveling to Anna Maria Island {Click Here}

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed seeing a few highlights from my trip to Anna Maria Island. I encourage you to check it out if you ever have the chance!  Have an amazing weekend & Choose Happy!!

Choose Happy
~Becky

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10