Monday, September 15, 2014

Currently {vol.26}



 I have been joining up with the always inspiring Jenna at A Mama Collective and just love her blog. She has started a series called: Currently. This series is just a regular, every day post about what is going on in her world that day. I am enjoying linking up each week with her Currently series!


Hello Friends! Happy Monday!

Thinking about: Life & Death. So much loss in the hometown we grew up in this past weekend. My in law's lost a neighbor to cancer, another neighbor & a young boy to a tragic accident and my husband lost his grandmother last night. Rest in peace Grandma B.

Why is it that we have to experience death to really truly be reminded how short life is and how much we need to live life to the fullest every single day? I think we get so busy in our daily lives that we forget, not that we don't love our families and live each day. But that we get in a hurry of life, routine, errands... that we don't take more moments to step back and really LOOK. 
LOOK at the blessings around us, LOOK at our loved ones & hold them close, LOOK at what really matters & what doesn't matter at all. 

Tell your loved ones that you love them, call your friend to get together, take a moment to slow down & relish what you have. I encourage you to live each day to the fullest. I  was listening to a video this morning and the woman said, "I don't want a fairytale, I want what I have".  I am starting to realize this is exactly right!

Adoring: My baby girl in her 1st dance class tonight, her first dance outfit, her first step in being momma's big girl. 


Excited about: My first online live blog class...I just started tonight! I am excited to learn more about blogging & how I can take it to the next level. My class is called: The Art of Building a Blogging Career. Each night this week will have a different theme & we will be able to chat throughout the class with the instructor. I am making some big steps with my blog this fall with a new logo, new blog design & now this class. I am so excited about these next steps!
http://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/a-little-more-information-on-my-live-online-video-course/

Looking forward to: Listening to our friends band on Saturday evening at our town festival & dancing the night away!  I am lucky to have some pretty awesome friends. We have fun together no matter what we do!

Cooking:Corn Chowder! I made a huge pot of the chowder last night & it was DELICIOUS! I found the recipe on Pinterest!

 
            {via} 
Smelling: My beautiful flowers from Trader Joe's!

Thankful for:  FAMILY. Family that we enjoy spending time with, family that lends a helping hand when we need it, family that is always there. This weekend we enjoyed time with family & also had their help on Sunday to start siding our shed.

I love this photo of my daughter & my niece walking to pick plums off of my mother in law's tree. They fight like sisters, but are the best of friends. They had so much fun exploring Grandma & Grandpa's farm all afternoon.

They did a great job on Sunday putting in the door & working on siding. We wouldn't be as far as we are, without our FAMILY! Excited to only have a little left on the side & front!

Wishing: {Weekly Wish List for Sh*t I want to get done}
 This week:  
1. Walk on my lunch breaks at work, as I know my evenings are busy this week
2. Take good notes in my blog class. I want to really take something from this class.
3. Take a deep breath and remember what I am thankful for

Last weeks wish list: 
1. Workout 4 days this week. One down, 3 more to go! I've got this!
2. Start folding & organizing clothes for my garage sale in a few weeks.
3. Make it a habit of reading to the kids before bed, we got out of the habit this summer because we were outside up until minutes before bed.


My favorite Quote of the Day: Do it now!
(photo taken on my deck)




Tonight's post is linked up with A Mama Collective - Currently
http://amamacollective.com/currently-vol-20/


Thanks for reading & I hope you enjoyed learning about a little bit of randomness about me! Have a wonderful week!


Choose Happy
~Becky

10 comments :

  1. What a cute little ballerina! Your blogging class sounds great. I can't wait to hear more about it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thanks Megan! I will def post more about it next week. It has been great so far. I am excited to see what I will learn tonight!

      Delete
  2. Ah, your daughter is so cute. Such an adorable little ballerina. :) Hoping your week is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thanks Janel!! My week is going pretty good. Tonight we are celebrating our 9 year anniversary :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about all of the loses you've had this week. It really does put things in perspective. I am getting ready to have a garage sale, too... it is a lot of work! Also, how exciting you are taking a blog class! I recently read a book on blogging and there are so many notes I jotted down and action items I need to do... I just haven't had time to work on them yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the condolences Carrie. I really appreciate it. ohhh. What blogging book are you reading?? I would love to hear.
      That's the hard part, having time to put it into place!

      Delete
  4. Hi Becky, I'm so glad we had a chance to meet each other from this link up. You're right...life is precious, and we need to live each day to the fullest. I'm sorry for your loss/losses. Best wishes to you on your blog class and to your little girl in her dance class--she makes the cutest ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette! :) I am glad we have all gotten to know each other through this link up as well! Thank you for your condolences, it means a lot.
      Awww. Thanks :) I think she is pretty darn cute too!
      Have a great week & THANK YOU for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Awww, she's adorable in her pink ballet outfit! Loving that. OH! I'll be right over to finish all that corn chowder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann!! I still have plenty of chowder left in the freezer. Come on over :) Thanks for stopping by & have a great weekend!

      Delete

09 10