Sunday, July 12, 2015

Choose Happy by Enjoying the Dirt


Welcome Back--this is week 6 of the #ETHANproject challenge. This week's topic is Enjoy the Dirt.  My kids LOVE playing in the dirt. It doesn't matter the temperature, they don't discriminate! This week we were on vacation, so I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to join in the fun, but I was wrong! 

They loved riding bikes & playing farm for the weekend while we stayed with friends in Nebraska. My son said he wants to live there and farm. He loves being outside, getting dirty and playing on the farm. 

Ooooh Mud!

Nothing better than a warm day, riding bike on an old dirt road in mud boots for my little man!

He enjoyed writing his name in the dirt next to one of the streams we hiked by. 


The kids enjoyed climbing & playing in the dirt at the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Collin especially loved all of the rock climbing, they were filthy when we got back to the car, but they were happy!

Some mom's discourage their children from playing in the mud & getting dirty, I am the opposite. Put on some old clothes & mud boots and have fun! Some of my favorite memories as a child included getting good & dirty with cousins and friends. I want my children to have some of those same experiences. I also think it is good for their immune systems. My children have been playing in the dirt since they were practically babies! 
I invite you to join me in the #ETHANproject and Enjoy the Here and Now with your family and children. Go in your own back yard, dig in the sand box, stop by your friends farm, run through the mud puddles & enjoy getting good & dirty as a familyAnd when you do share with them, share it with all of us. Simply share your pictures and story in this Facebook thread and use #ETHANproject. Oh…and while you are at it, check out some of the other creative and fun ways that #ETHANproject participants have shared the view with their children.

1 comment :

  1. Looks like your kids had a blast this week! Thanks for being a part of the #ETHANproject with us!

    ReplyDelete

09 10