Friday, November 20, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Roll Recipe

Baking is not a favorite past time of mine, but I LOVE eating yummy baked goods. My husband is the breakfast chef in our home. This Apple Cinnamon Roll recipe is a family recipe that his mother taught him. I love watching him bake & cook in our kitchen. Today's recipe was made by my husband with a little prep help & photography from myself. I hope you enjoy learning how to make our family's favorite Apple Cinnamon Rolls & try them in your kitchen soon!

Let's get started!


Preheat oven to 425 degrees


Ingredients: 

2 cups sifted flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk
1 TBSP Cinnamon (approximately)
2 TBSP Sugar (approximately)
5 TBSP butter
2 apples



Mix dry ingredients together in bowl. 

Mix in 1/4 cup Crisco

Add 3/4 cup milk

Stir ingredients 

Mix with hands to create ball of dough

Lay ball of dough on floured surface & roll out into thin layer (approx 1/8 inch thick)

Melt 5 TBSP butter. Brush melted butter onto flat dough. 

Sprinkle cinnamon in an even layer on top of butter. Next, sprinkle sugar over top of the cinnamon. Add until completely covered. 


Peel & shred two apples

Sprinkle shredded apples evenly over top of dough. 

Start rolling dough from the long side until it is completely rolled up.

Cut 3/4 inch slices & place on greased cookie sheet


Recipe makes approximately 16 Apple Cinnamon Rolls

Place in pre-heated oven at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. 

Delicious, easy & home made cinnamon rolls hot out of the oven!

Breakfast is served! Yummmmmm

ENJOY!



16 comments :

  1. YUM! These look amazingly delicious. Thank you for sharing! :)

    www.diyjahn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I have most of these ingredients already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum these look amazing. May have to try these out. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a good cinnamon roll recipe and may have to give this one a try. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look and sound so delicious! I'm a little jealous that you have a hubby that makes these tasty things for you! Pinned, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! Thank you for pinning. My hubby is an amazing breakfast chef!

      Delete
  6. These look delicious, Becky. My husband has a cinnamon roll recipe that he makes and they are so darn good! I need to do a blog post on them sometime.

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so delicious!! I love cinnamon rolls. I'll have to try them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My stomach literally growled as I read this post... These look so delicious and easy enough that I could probably do ;) Jenn @BecauseImCheap

    ReplyDelete

09 10