Friday, January 31, 2014

New Years Resolutions - Are you sticking to it?



It's almost been 1 month since New Year's. How are you coming along on your New Year's resolutions?

Are you going strong and diving into them whole-heartedly or are you struggling & need to find your way back to your list?

These are my resolutions for this year:


Here is where I am at with my resolutions: 
 
1. I am definitely working at eating healthier. During the week I am great, sometimes the weekends are hit or miss.  Exercising- this is something I need to work on.  I have been making excuses & working on every other project, party planning or just plain laziness to get out of it. I have been working out a few days a week, but need to do more!

2. Choose- My One Little Word project has definitely helped me think more about CHOOSING to be happy, CHOOSING my words and CHOOSING to live a healthy life style. Every morning at 8am my phone pops up a little note that reminds me of those exact things. I also have my phone background as my Choose motto.  I feel like I doing ok so far with this goal.

3. Continue to make people smile - I am continuing to do this as well. I love it and it makes my heart smile too :)

4. Blog- I have been trying to blog 3 days per week. I absolutely LOVE writing on my blog. When I blog at night, I feel just GITTY afterwards and am filled with energy. I am so excited to see where my blog takes me this year!

5. Simplify - This one is a work in progress. I have been cleaning out cupboards, drawers, and plan to work on closets as well.  I need to work on this one!

6. Focus on priorities - In the evenings, I have been trying to make a point of not spending time on my phone until the kids go to bed. This doesn't always happen, but I am working on it. I enjoy playing with them and spending time with my husband after supper.

7. Work on worrying less - This will always be a struggle for me. But, I am working on it. I can't control everything, nor do I want to. So I am working on worrying less about what I can not control.

8. Resolve to spend less time on media - This is part of my focusing on priorities & not going on my phone from after work till the kids bed time. Still working on this as well.

9. Pray before meal time- This one I need to remember. It happens here and there, but definitely not enough!

So, there you have it. I am definitely not perfect. I also need to kick it back in gear & look at my resolutions/goals list for 2014. I have a good start, but I could be doing better.


I encourage you to look back at your resolution/goal list for 2014:
1. What baby steps can you make this week to work on at least one of the resolutions or goals?
2. Are the items on your list even attainable?  If not, how can you make them attainable? 
3. Can you ask for help to get you going on  your list? 
4. Take them one step at a time, you can do this!


What ideas do you have to keep your resolutions & goals? I would love to hear them in the comment section below!!


Thanks for reading!

Choose Happy
~Becky 


No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10