1. Take breaks. We took breaks to have snacks, get a drink of water or just sit and watch the characters. We left in the afternoons for a few hours to go back to our Disney hotel to rest, swim & relax. It was the best decision we made!
2. Don't try to do every single thing in the park. You will make yourself crazy trying to do it all. Go through the map as a family & discuss what the "must see's" are for your family & go from there.
3. Bring snacks & water. The park has a lot to offer, but it gets pricey. Having your own helps get you through, especially in between rides & waiting in lines.
4. Stay at a Disney hotel! We stayed at a budget Disney hotel and absolutely loved it. The All Star Movies Resort had beautiful pools, nice rooms, good food in their food court & the best part was the shuttle bus to Magic Kingdom every 20 minutes. The bus took us from the front of our hotel directly to the gate at Magic Kingdom! We were able to go back to the park in the evenings to ride rides & watch fireworks!
Waiting for the bus to go back to the park after dinner!
5. Schedule your Fast Passes for right away in the morning, that way if you want to rest in the afternoon or add more Fast Passes, you are able to do so.
6. Although having a stroller is a pain, when you have small children. Rent a stroller- it makes life a lot easier when they are overtired and hot.
7. When you arrive at Magic Kingdom in the morning, head directly to the back of the park. This helps ensure less wait time for rides because most of the visitors are still in the front of the park.
No lines, walked right on the carousel!
8. Breakfast with the princesses in the castle was well worth the price, although my heart skipped a beat when I paid the bill 180 days before we went when I booked. We had a delicious breakfast, my daughter received a wand, a wishing star and was able to meet, hug, get signatures and take photos with 5 princesses. The time that it would have taken to stand in line for 5 princesses was worth the money.
Princess breakfast photo with Sleeping Beauty
9. Disney Gift cards are good at Disney parks, as well as Disney stores. Ask for these ahead of time for Christmas & Birthday gifts for your children from family & friends. This way, they are able to pick out toys & items at Disney without mom & dad spending all their money! Disney gift cards can be spent on theme park tickets, Disney merchandise & at Disney destinations worldwide!
10. Visit the Main Street Confectionary, it was like heaven on earth. The options were endless. It is a good thing that I didn't stop until just before we were leaving, or I might have stayed all day. We bought Mickey Mouse rice crispy bars, Mickey Mouse gingerbread men, gummy candies and more! The kids loved it too!
So many delicious creations, how do we choose?
Note: This is what worked best for our family, so I thought I would share with you too! Everyone is different and what works for you is just as awesome! I have so many more great ideas to share, but my post would be WAY too long!
What are your favorite Disney tips when traveling to Magic Kingdom?