Friday, July 24, 2015

Choose Happy by Enjoying Something New


Welcome Back--this is week 8of the #ETHANproject challenge. This week's topic is Enjoy Something New!   Thursday, we received our first Hello Fresh box. I had received a coupon from my cousin, so I thought we would try it! My husband was quite leary when we got the box, as he thought the price was a bit high. But after cooking our first meal with approval & applause from the children, we will definitely be trying it again! 

The box came right to our door step on ice. Each meal is packed in it's own individual bag with the meat/protein in the bottom of the box with the ice packs. The ingredients are all pre-portioned, fresh & delicious. 

Tonight's meal was Steak Lettuce Wraps. The meal took us about 45 minutes to prepare with easy to follow directions. 

The kids asked questions as they ran in and out from playing outside. My daughter ate lettuce wraps with the rest of the ingredients as we finished cooking the steak & jasmine rice.
The steak was covered in fresh garlic and freshly grated ginger. It was absolutely incredible! 

My son finished most of the leftovers. He asked when we could PLEASE buy this again. He absolutely loved it! This was so great to hear, as this was not a meal that I would normally buy ingredients for at the store. I love trying new things, but sometimes I worry about spending a lot of money on ingredients that I am unsure if my family will eat.
I will definitely order from Hello Fresh again, we are looking forward to trying the rest of our meals this weekend! I enjoyed cooking a new meal with the help of my husband and I loved seeing the kids devour a new meal that they wouldn't normally have tried! 



Use Code: 9QTX7K

When we joined we were given a referral code (9QTX7K), so when you sign up and use that code you’ll get $40 off and we get a credit towards our meals. You’ll get a code, too, so if you love the service and tell your friends about it, you can get a credit towards your boxes.

Convenient and Easy

HelloFresh Philosophy
Tired of wasting time at the grocery store? On average, 90 minutes are spent on weekly grocery shopping! We want to give you more time for your children, family, friends, and time for that book you could never finish! 
We do it all for you – from creating the recipes, to planning the meals, to grocery shopping, and even delivering all of the ingredients right to your door!

TRY HELLO FRESH TODAY


I invite you to join me in the #ETHANproject and Enjoy the Here and Now with your family and children. Simply share your pictures and story in this Facebook thread and use #ETHANproject. Oh…and while you are at it, check out some of the other creative and fun ways that #ETHANproject participants have shared the view with their children.

2 comments :

  1. I am so excited to see this review of the Hello Fresh box, I got a coupon to try it for a very low price and we are getting our first box today! I was curious as to how it would arrive and wondering if a special truck will come or if it'll be UPS or FedEx one day? I guess I will find out soon! We got the same box, too, because mine has steak lettuce wraps in it!!! I can't wait to try the shrimp po'boys!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this....looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

09 10